Friday, December 17, 2010

Set Mock Up, Light tests, etc.

Okaaaay... where to begin

I guess I started building stuff.  Mock up stuff, roughly to a 1:1 scale, except for maybe the height of the trees.
Ground with foamcore and trees just out of carboard and hot glue.  Y'know... cheap stuff.

Here's some scale shots:
One half of the 'hallway' done.

Closer shot
Now with both sides done, trying various shots.
Either side can come apart depending on which side I'm shooting from.

Whole mock-up done, circle in the back.

This is actually all I had in materials, so compositing for the win?

More various shots to explore

Now with lights!  Oven mits not included.

Okay so here I have the original shot in mind for the first shot, roughly composited just to see what it looks like.  And the picture after is roughly added color and texture.  So this is roughly what the opening shot will look like, minus the poor compositing, of course.

Well, I probably won't be having any updates until after winter-session semester, unless something interesting comes up, maybe I'll post an animation test... so happy holidays, and see you in March(?)!

Monday, December 13, 2010


And now for another something completely different!

This is my Intro to CGI final for this semester's class.  4 week project.
Done in Maya with digital drawn elements.


Thursday, December 9, 2010

More DP dump

Here's the setup for the projection test.

During which, I did an animation test and a matte test.  Both turned out very useful for the projection test, especially the way the boy's puppet was constructed.  It moves in a very different way than I had expected it to.  Damn rebels never listen to their parents.


Here's where I am now with the puppets.  The boy is more or less done, I just need to close up the bottom of the pants.  Yeah, completely different than in the sketches; as I was building him, I fell in love with the yellow monochrome that the foam and latex were tinted, as well as the way the head looked just as it is.  All I need to do with the cat is paint the feet and glue on the fur.

Set mock-up shots coming soon!  Reality not included.